This is a 10 day course, the learner will complete the full course (4 unit standards) to apply for Competent Certificate.
Participants on completion of SASTRAC (Safety Administrative System Training Course) will know and understand:
- Understand the legal liabilities in the workplace.
- Techniques to implement and evaluate the safety and health management programme in the workplace.
- The legal and specified requirements for conducting continuous risk assessments at the workplace
- The requirements for workplace safety, health and environmental incident investigations at the workplace.
- Conducting, reporting and acting on audit inspection at the workplace.
Structure of the Course:
- What Management and Supervisory level legal liabilities entail?
- Accident or incident prevention and control
- The link between the OHS Act and a management system.
- What a management system must have to be deemed to be OHSAS 18001 compliant.
- The requirements for the implementation of a health and safety management programme.
- How to implement the procedures for evaluating health and safety performance at the workplace.
- To evaluate effectiveness of the system.
- Motivate the use of a She Management system.
- Discuss and apply the techniques for hazard identification and risk assessment at the workplace and implement remedial action and follow-up actions.
- Link Safe working procedures and planned task observations with Hazard Identification and risk assessment
- Describe requirements for workplace safety, health and environment incident investigation.
- Auditing procedures for legal compliance.
- She and Occupational health practitioners
- All health and safety managers, engineers and other persons directly involved in the implementation and management of health and safety within any organisation.
- All persons wishing to have a full understanding of OHS at the workplace, the purpose behind OHS and also how to successfully implement it.
- Line Managers and supervisors
- Department of Labour inspectors
- She Representatives, committee members