The person credited with this unit standard is able to explain the basic principles of relevant current health and safety legislation and the consequences of non-compliance
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of the relevant legislation.
- Explain the requirements for compliance as stipulated in the current legislation.
- Determine the management controls required under legislation to achieve compliance.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of record keeping required by the legislation.
- Explain the legal obligations of the employer in terms of training and communication.
Specified requirements include legal requirements and are contained in one or more of the following documents:
Current occupational health and safety legislation.
Other applicable courses for growth
Incident Management in the workplace; She Management Course; Ohsas 18001 understanding and implementation and others
Learning Assumed to be in place
There is open access to this programme as long as you are competent in Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 2.