The course is structured to ensure that there is a full and complete understanding of how to approach on OHS management system from scratch and how to ensure its full and effective implementation.
Participants on completion of this course will know and understand:
- Explaining the requirements for the implementation of a safety and health management programme in the workplace.
- Implementing the procedures for evaluating safety and health performance in the workplace, as required by the safety and health management programme.
- Evaluating performance of workplace safety activities required by the safety and health management programme.
- Duties of Employer, Employees, She Representatives and Committee are explained
- Consequences of medical and non-medical intoxication authorised access, mobile equipment, lock out procedures, Symbolic signage
- Potential hazards, consequences, reporting of hazards and risks
- Personal Protective Equipment, correct usage and application, storage, reporting and replacements
- Good housekeeping, stacking and storage, demarcation and colour coding
- Emergency procedures, escape routes, assembly points, refuge bays, emergency communication procedures, emergency situations.
Structure of the course
- The link between the OHS Act and a management system.
- What a management system must have to be deemed to be OHSAS 18001 compliant.
- The importance of categorizing a management system.
- The requirements for the implementation of a health and safety management programme.
- How to implement the procedures for evaluating health and safety performance at the workplace.
- To evaluate the performance of workplace safety activities.
- The importance of all employees’ involvement to implementing it effectively and then driving the system / programme to remain effective.
- Duties of Employer and Employees
- General Safety rules in the workplace
- Potential Hazards
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Good Housekeeping
- Emergency procedures
- This course is aimed at all health and safety managers, engineers and other persons directly involved in the implementation and management of health and safety within any organisation.
- People wishing to have a full understanding of OHS at the workplace, the purpose behind OHS and also how to successfully implement it.
- Health and Safety Representative